Testing Center Information for Faculty
The following information is designed specifically for faculty teaching a course who will use the testing center for electronic exams.
To have an exam added please send us an email to get setup with our online Request Form.
Click here for Test Management Login
For Webcourses help please contact Ryan Wilcox (407-823-0992) or visit his Webcourses tutorials.
- Our semester hours are listed on our Hours and Holidays page. The only deviations from these hours are due to university closings such as football games or holidays.
- A forwarded e-mail goes out before every semester from David Collantes that will include lab information for your syllabus, any changes to the lab and ideas we have to make the center work more efficiently. If you are not getting these emails please let us know.
Policy and Procedures
All electronic correspondence with the Thomas L. Keon Testing Center must be transacted through an official University of Central Florida email system due to FERPA concerns.
Scheduling the Lab
The testing center may be scheduled for the duration of one academic semester only (Fall, Spring, Summer). Faculty may make their scheduling request by inputting the request into the Testing Mangement site linked at the top of the page. Confirmation to requests and changes will be provided. Instructor course evaluations and specialized tasks are not to be completed by students in the Testing Center without prior arrangement.
- Makeup exams must be completed at least one week prior to finals week.
- Exam time limits are not to exceed the normal scheduled lecture components’ time length (SDS not included).
NOTE: Exam time limits are not to exceed the normal scheduled lecture components' time length (SDS not included).
Faculty will be asked to provide the following information to schedule an exam period:
- Name of faculty member requesting to use the center.
- Course ID, section number (e.g., ECO2013.0M04) and number of students per section.
- Exam name (1, 2, 3, 4, or Final) start date/time (MM/DD/YY HH:MM AM/PM) and end date/time for each exam name. There should only be one start and end date/time for each exam name.
- Select from the list of materials that students’ may use during each exam on the request form. For example; one 3X5 note card, personal calculator, etc.
- All exams will be permitted a windows calculator and scratch paper unless otherwise requested by you.
- All formula sheets should be incorporated into the test as a PDF with a link for students to access. An electronic copy of any formula sheets, tables or graphs that students are allowed should be provided in case of technical difficulties.
NOTE: All paper materials used during an exam will be collected from students at check out and properly disposed of.
The CBA will only support the use of WebCourses for assessment in the Testing Center.
Policy for General Lab Outages
The lab has routines in place for handling extended outages, relating to: general power failure, sever or network failure and forced evacuation of the building. Any alternative testing procedure should be included in the faculty's course planning and syllabus, such as the availability of make-up exams, extended time, and test resets.
If there are any questions the lab staff can help answer questions and offer suggestions.
All incidents of suspected cheating will be documented utilizing but not limited to, visual accounts, digital camera recordings, and screen captures'. The Testing Lab Manager will report these incidents, including all supporting documentation, to the instructor of record for appropriate course action. The Testing Lab also submits a copy of incidents to the Student Conduct Board.
Instructors who utilize the testing lab are responsible for all materials used in the creation of online tests to be sure that there is no copyright infringement.