Welcome to the UCF College of Business Administration's Department of Finance. For undergraduate students, we offer the Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (BSBA), with majors in finance and real estate. We also offer minor programs in finance, real estate, and international business.
Finance majors who wish to specialize in an area may earn certificates in banking, corporate finance, or investments. Real Estate majors may specialize by earning certificates in real estate brokerage, real estate appraisal, or mortgage brokerage.
For graduate students, we offer a finance concentration for the MBA degree, and the Ph.D. degree in Business Administration with a major in finance.
We have an outstanding faculty of award-winning scholars and teachers with a wide range of research and teaching interests. In addition to our 19 full-time faculty members on the Orlando main campus, we have full-time finance faculty members at the eastern, southern and western regional campuses.
The newest addition to our department is the Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate, which was established in 2006 by a $2.5 million gift from Dr. Phillips, Inc. With an anticipated match from the state, the school will have a $5 million endowment. Our commitment to business partnerships is also reflected in the following institutes and endowed chairs in our department:
- Dr. P. Phillips Institute for Research and Education in Real Estate
- Phillips Institute for the Study of American Business Activity
- Phillips-Schenck Chair in American Private Enterprise
- SunTrust Chair of Banking
- Howard Phillips Chair in Real Estate
- Jim Heistand - NAIOP Chair in Real Estate
Financial services and real estate represent a large and growing part of our state and regional economies. The exciting career opportunities in these areas have helped us become the largest department in the College of Business Administration, with nearly 1,000 undergraduate students majoring in finance and real estate.
Our graduates find a wide variety of career opportunities in areas such as financial planning, corporate finance, investments, banking, insurance, residential and commercial real estate, real estate appraisal and development, and property management.
A finance or real estate degree from UCF can be a tremendous asset for your career success. The following UCF finance graduates are recent inductees into the UCF College of Business Administration Hall of Fame:
- G. Thomas Bland, CEO, AquaFiber Technologies Corporation
- Ward J. Curtis, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Sabal Trust Company
- Andrew J. Fore, III, Executive Director, Citigroup Business Services, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Stanley C. Horton, President and Chief Operating Officer, Cheniere Energy, Inc.
- Nan B. McCormick, Partner and Senior Vice President, CB Richard Ellis
- Theresa J. Schefstad, Founder, President, CEO and Director, Raymond James Bank, FSB
Our faculty and staff are committed to quality programs and our students' success. Please call, email or stop by if we can be of assistance to you.
Anthony Byrd, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Finance
Director, Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate